Monday, September 10, 2012

Paleo Carrot and Raisin Muffins AMAZINGness

Oh my gosh, I would eat the batter if it didn't have raw eggs in it ..FABULOUS!!!!!

So I'll just be honest to say that I'm not into the whole paleo diet thing, I just like to cut how much gluten I eat because I just get more tired after eating it! However, I'm not into the whole EAT MEAT ALL DAY and all night thing.  I watched the documentary Forks Over Knives and I'm still feeling iffy on the whole meat idea.  I only eat it about 3-4 times a week because I just think we should be eating way more fruits and veggies.

But, I digress.  My friend told me about these fabulous paleo muffins, and I just HAD to give it a shot.  I mean look at all the pluses: 

  • No added sugar
  • No butter
  • No gluten
  • THERE'S VEGGIES
  • THERE'S FRUIT
  • And did I mention there are raisins in it? I just love raisins....
So, now that I've basically convinced everyone that they should try these muffins, I'll now share that I cannot take credit for them (Wah wah wah......) Instead, my friend shared them with me from a website! (But just think, I just made it so much easier for you to find delicious muffins, because I've already tried them!).

Okay, here's the recipe from Paleo Plan.

Oh and here's a picture :) 




Ingredients:

  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 Tbs cinnamon
  • 1 cup dates, pitted (I used raisins)
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
  • ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped (instead, I used 3/4 cups of my favorite types of nuts--almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and pistachios)
  • muffin paper liners



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
  2. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  3. In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil.
  4. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and blend until completely combined.
  5. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
  6. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
  7. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment