Monday, September 10, 2012

My new exercise routine...

I'm not a person who loves running outside or using the elliptical.  I LOVE fitness classes, working out with other people, and playing tennis or some other outdoor activity with a friend.  I know it is important to work out, but I have been reading so much about whether it is important to work out twice week, three times or up to five times per week! It's very confusing!

My fitness goals currently are to tone up a bit and slim down.  To do this, I've gotten into this amazing class called "The Barre Class".  I do not attend "The Bar Method" in Washington, DC because I've heard its more like yoga then a real sweat dripping class (which is what I like).  However, there is a studio in DC called Bfitdc which is amazing! I definitely recommend this place and these types of classes if you like pilates, yoga or a fat-burning routine that focuses on leaning rather than building.

So, if you're into working out, but not going crazy, I definitely recommend you check it out! Here's the site: www.bfitdc.com

And in case you're wondering, here is a more detailed outline of my workout routine :)


  • Day 1: Jillian Michaels Workout DVD (20-40 mins, depends on which DVD)
  • Day 2: Rest
  • Day 3: B Fit DC Barre Class
  • Day 4: Run 2-3 miles
  • Day 5: B Fit DC Barre Class
  • Day 6: Rest
  • Day 7: Workout DVD or Run 2-3 miles


Workout DVDs I like best:

  • Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred
  • Jillian Michales Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
  • Amy Dixon's Breathless (HOLY CRAP HARD!)
  • On a side note, I'm thinking about trying "The Bar Method" DVD so I don't need to keep paying so much for the studio classes. If you've tried it, let me know! I'd love to hear about what people think :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment