Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 3 Cleanse

Day 3!

Can't believe it's been three days! I ate an AMAZING filet mignon for dinner last night at Clyde's.  In looking at the menu I realized that it is super difficult to continue on this cleanse.  I basically pretended that I would die if I ate any gluten, soy, or lactose...  They said that almost ALL of their food is cooked in a soy-based oil, so they made me a "special" filet that wasn't cooked in any of these things. I mean who knows what they cooked it in.  It probably was cooked in a ton of butter and I probably ruined my cleanse.  But, since I made it seem a VERY big deal that I not have dairy or soy, hopefully they honored it! If not....WOOPS.  

We also saw Les Miserables in theaters, which was great, but LONG.  You really have to be in it for the long haul! I think it was the singing that made it longer. If you're going to make a play into a movie then you should have some sort of intermission! I had to pee so badly, but it was so packed in the theater I just sucked it up.  But seriously I thought my back and legs were going to cramp.  Man, three hours was just a WEE bit too long.  I would have been okay with 2 and 1/2 but those extra 30 mins really did me in!

Okay back to the recipes....

For breakfast I had an egg with muesli and almond milk.

Delicious! Here is the recipe for the muesli:

Muesli:

I make a TON of this and put it into a large air-tight container. Keeps for a while!

Ingredients:

  • Gluten free oats (I used a whole bag)
  • 1 cup of raisins (or any other dried fruit you like)
  • 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 2-3 tsp of cinnamon (depending on how much you like)
Directions:

  1. Combine ingredients in an airtight container and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!
  2. Add your favorite type of milk to about 1/2 cup-1 cup of the mix! I used almond milk and it was fantastic.
  3. Optional: I added some fresh blueberries to it, which made it delectable!

WORKOUT!

Had a great workout session...Check it out:

Elliptical: (Interval workout level 8)
  • 4 minute warm up
  • 1 minute going the fastest I could
  • 2 minutes cool down
  • repeat for 7 times
  • 5 minute cool down
Daily Burn Workout

I pay for the Daily Burn for $10 a month and get workouts.  The workout I did today was called "Powerball Strength". You did four different circuits of repeating 2 moves for 30 sec each 3x.  Here is a sneak peak of some of the moves:

  • Ball tuck (in a plank position on the ball, with the ball under your shins, and you pull your butt up without bending your legs--so you look like an upside-down V--if this is too hard, you can bring your knees into a tuck instead)
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Patty cake plank (In plank position pretend your playing patty cake by lifting one arm out at a time)
  • Push up on ball (With shins on the ball in push up position, complete regular push ups, if this is too hard, go down to the ground on your feet or knees)
  • Side squat with ball raise (hold the ball in your hands with arms out in front of you with feet together, squat to the left side and at the same time lift arms over head, then go back to starting position and then repeat to the right side)
  • Chest press on the ball
  • Alternating lunge with ball (Start with ball over your head and feet together.  Then, lunge forward with your right food while you bring the ball to the outside of your right foot, return to starting position.  Repeat on the left side)
  • Washing machine (hold arms out with ball in hand with feet hips distance apart.  Shake arms back and forth without moving your hips or legs).  

Lunch:


For lunch, I had a kale salad with avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes and cooked quinoa.  Then, I tried to eat some of the leftovers from yesterday (cauliflower, butternut squash, and chickpea coconut curry), but I was super full so only had a few bites.

Here's the picture:
If you want the recipe for the salad:

Ingredients:
Serves 1

  • 1 cup of kale
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 4 grape tomatoes
  • 1/3 cucumber
  • 1/4 cup of red onion
  • 2 tbsp of cranberries (no added sugar)
  • 1 tbsp of sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa (cooled if possible)
  • 1-2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (I used half a lemon)
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • salt and pepper

Directions:
Add all the ingredients up to the quinoa in a bowl. Mix around well and add lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.  (Optional: I added a bit of my vinaigrette from Day 1 of the cleanse.  Tasted great!)


Snack:

Trail Mix:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts (I used almonds, pecans, and walnuts--roasted but not salted)
  • 1/4 cup of your favorite dried fruit (I used dried apricots, raisins, and blueberries)
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 drop of vanilla extract
Directions:
Mix it all together in a bowl and bring it with you to the movies! Like I did :)

Dinner:

Filet Mignon at Clydes with potatoes and veggies!

Fabulous! Except, the potatoes weren't that tasty...but added some pepper which made it better :) It always does!

No comments:

Post a Comment