Monday, December 3, 2012

Best Pumpkin Muffins Ever!


I apologize for the delay in a post! To be truthful, Danny and I have not been as healthy as we would like to be and I took a little hiatus from baking.  Perhaps it's been looking for a house and stress at work that has kept me out of the kitchen and on the phone ordering Naked Pizza (yes that's the name).  

However, I am back to cooking and experimenting with various dishes.  In particular, I've been doing a little bit of experimentation with pumpkin bread/muffin/etc recipes and this is by far my favorite.  

I found the recipe and adapted it from this website: Hungry Healthy Girl (I'm trying to achieve one of these traits, but definitely am known for the former--let's just say this is one of my favorite quotes...see below)



Okay, enough talk...here are the muffins!  (Yes, there are two missing, because well...they just smelled too darn delicious!)



Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp of celtic sea salt
  • 1/2 cup of pure all natural honey
  • 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of canned organic pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup of raisins
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
  • Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Combine all wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
  • Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Don’t overmix.
  • Fold in raisins last.
  • Scoop large spoonfuls of batter into muffin pan so it’s evenly distributed. 
  • Bake for 20 minutes and until tops are golden brown.
  • Store at room temperature for 2-3 days or refrigerate for a week or freeze for longer.
ENJOY! We did :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you loved the muffins! Now I'm craving them! ;)

    ReplyDelete