Sunday, December 30, 2012

A change in format and....FALAFEL BITES!

Okay, so after some long reflection (okay, maybe only 5 mins)...I decided, unapologetically-on-my-own-with-no-regrets, that I should change the format of posting about my cleanse! I know very big decision that I'm glad I reflected so long about :) 

I am going to post new recipes that haven't been on my site so that I am not repeating the same thing OVER...and OVER....and OVER!  Because let's be honest, we repeatedly eat the same things we like..right? Or maybe that's just me.  Oh well, I hope you like this better.

Today I made these....delicious....unbelievably gluten free...delectable...falafel bites! I love falafels (or any mediterranean food really :)!)

Falafel Bites 

adapted from Tasty-Yummies

These falafels were delicious and perfect for my cleanse! They're especially fantastic dipped in all natural hummus (I get Cava from Whole Foods).

Ingredients
1 15 oz can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/4 cup of parsley
1 tsp of dried basil
1 tsp of dried oregano
1-2 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 lemon juiced
a pinch of sea salt
a little bit of pepper
1/4 cup of almond flour
3/4 tsp of baking soda

Directions:
  1. Put all the ingredients, EXCEPT the flour and baking soda, in a food processor and make the ingredients CHOPPED, not into a paste.
  2. Add the flour and baking soda and mix together until more of a paste that you can form into a ball.
  3. Form into a large ball and cover.  Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes at least, up to an hour.
  4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  5. Put a silicone mat or parchment paper onto a baking sheet. 
  6. Make 1-2 inch diameter balls of the chickpea mixture and place them on the baking sheet.  
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  8. Then put on a salad or dip into hummus and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment